The Parish Church

of

St James 

the Great

Cradley

 Home | Services | Events | History | Stained Glass | Contact Us

Bell Ringing | Prayer Chain | News Sheet

 

STAINED GLASS

 

The family of Mr. Webb of Fernhill presented the east window stained glass window behind the Altar. The stained glass window in the south wall of the church was given in memory of the Shapland family of Hill House. This window depicts biblical scenes, many of which are associated with St. James. There is a particularly beautiful window in the north wall near the altar depicting St Francis of Assisi surrounded by birds and animals of the countryside. The work of the Bromsgrove Guild, it commemorates the Reverend Ayscough, who was Rector from 1892 to 1917, and his wife. He researched the history of the church and village, publishing a church guide and many articles in the parish magazine and Malvern Gazette.

 

Cradley Parochial Church Council, 2015